Thursday, July 20, 2006

Calling all Prayer Warriors

Ok ladies and gents, I need some prayer power for a former student. This former student is precious and going into the eleventh grade. He has had cancer before, but has been in remission. They recently found a mass in his back and he has returned to the children's hospital where they will do a biopsy tomorrow. He is in pain and hopes that it isn't the cancer again.

Would you please pray? Pray for God, the Ultimate Healer, to comfort him during this time? To draw him close? To cure him? Most importantly though, that HIS Will be done and that HE is glorified?

I know that many more of you read this than comment. If you would leave a comment (you don't have to be a member to do so) with any prayers and encouragement, I'd love to give these to his family. It doesn't matter that you don't know him. God does.

8 worthy responses:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

I will definitely pray for your former student. I pray that his faith and that of his family will grow and strengthen during this time of trial and that God may shower many blessings upon them in years to come.

Anonymous said...

God has a plan for this brave friend of yours, Shan. He will carry him thru this new trial as He did before. I will pray that your former student may feel and know the healing power of God during this very difficult time.

Mandy said...

Shan,

I will keep your student lifted up in prayer. We know and have a visible reminder in our friend of God's faithfulness to answer prayer.

Anonymous said...

Shan, just wanted you to know that I am going to pray right now. I pray that he will feel God's power working.

Bella Sera said...

Wow, I can relate to the "waiting for tests at the hospital". I'm praying for the family as a whole. Keep us all posted! You're right, God knows who he is and loves him more than anyone.

Anonymous said...

Instead of Spray and Wash, I think of it as PRAY and WATCH. It's sometimes very difficult to understand God's plan. All I can say is that years later I am still amazed at the outcomes that never would have occurred had not my family been put through some very difficult times. (Of course, going through difficulties, that would have been the last thought on my mind.) God is good. He will give you strength if you ask for it. Shannon's student and his family will be kept in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer for him from a campground in Minnesota this morning. May he know the Lord's peace through this. Keep us updated.