Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Last day in Paradise

I thought I'd leave you with some images of what is all around me here in western NY state:




Two days ago my roommate and I had been itching to get dressed up and go out to eat. Unfortunately, Deb's Restaurant closed for good two days before Joni and I walked there. So...we ended up at the only other restarant in this so-called town:


Tonight, Lisa, Joni and I stole a car (OK, actually didn't steal it...just borrowed it from a willing donor) and drove about thirty minutes to a itty-bitty town for dinner at the Village Cafe. A local-shmocal diner where they'll cook anything you want however you want. Good memories. And an invitation to spend Christmas in Germany with Joni! I'm really going to miss these girls, and our random outbursts of hymns whenever we hear a phrase that reminds us of one.


4 worthy responses:

Becky said...

Pretty pics...you know, I love a summer in the south, but one bad thing is that it gets so hot that the sky always turns a hazy white. It's too bad we can't have a pretty blue sky like that one. Also, you can tell NY has cooler temps and more rain than us...look at that grass! Is that flower wild columbine?

Looks like you had fun...you got dressed up right nice for the Subway!!!

Anonymous said...

You look great in that black dress! I love it!! Great pics. that flower is beautiful. you always get the best nature shots, girl!! I am glad you had a great time in NY!!

Bella Sera said...

One of my favorite trips/memories includes a sunset and dinner at Subway...good times!!! Are you packed yet? Ready for your flight???? OK, ok, I've already started praying for you...and the person who is lucky enough to sit with you :)

Mandy said...

Subway is a fine dining experience...almost as nice as Western Sizzlin! Nice nature pics!!