Monday, July 31, 2006

The Cannoli Sagas

Remember when I really, really, really wanted cannoli? Did you notice the date?

Well, I haven't gotten it until last night. My fam ate at an Italian restaurant and I spotted SEVEN cannolis in the dessert case. Though I was stuffed from dinner, I wasn't going to risk it. I ordered a cannoli to go.

This is me when I had the little styrofoam box with the cannoli inside safely in my possession.


When I did decide to chow down on the cannoli, I just had to do so on the fine china. I thought it made it look so much better.
As I'm preparing to eat it, Jay comes up and begins to put his paws on the counter top. He's no fool. He knows its worth.
Much to my chagrin, as I'm eating it, it suddenly becomes hollow! They didn't even fill the whole thing!! What is WRONG with people? If I'd have known that, Jay could have just HAD it.

5 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

okay, like YUM!! that cannoli looks awesome! i heard that Haagen Daaz was coming out with cannoli icecream...i hope soon...i love cannoli!!! my husband is Italian and eats it all the time.

Mandy said...

Aw, man!!!! So close, so close! Well, I brought you a box of cannoli shells in the bag of "things I will never-ever cook" that I found in the pantry. So, if you are so inclined, the cannoli saga could have a happy ending! I for one would just continue to scavange resturants rather than try to cook.

Becky said...

So you didn't get to enjoy it to the fullest, but it still looks awesomely delish!

SP said...

Katie...Allie has a legit reason. Her computer crashed. Dead. So maybe she can blog while she's here this weekend.

Bella Sera said...

Awe, Italy and your Cannoli..although I don't remember that picure in Sorrento. You had Cannoli and I had...what did I call it, "Geppetto", aka Gelatto(sp)? Maybe you can take a side trip to Italy and pick up a Cannoli on the way....just a thought.