Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Get by with a Little Help from My Friends...

In case you haven't heard (Mandy), Italy beat Germany 2-0 during today's semifinal World Cup match. I feel like wanting to dress up like these girls:
But, somehow I don't think I'd be looked upon too favorably here in rural NY. Anyway, I must give a little shout out to my two boys, Grosso (left) and Del Piero (right), who scored in the 119th minute and 120 + 1 minute respectively, letting the futballs roll off their feet like their names roll of your tongue. (Fabio Grosso and Alessandro Del Piero. Go ahead -- say them out loud. You know you want to!) Thanks, guys! Keep up the good work!










Now, I'm just so excited that for the finals, I'll be around a TV that actually has cable! Whohoooooo!!!

10 worthy responses:

Mandy said...

Um, yeah, I've heard. Hmmmmm...on to my next team. I have to wait until Portugal and France play. If it is Italy v France, I am for Italy. If it is Italy v Portugal, I don't know! Becky is Portugese and you are Italian, so it is a draw...

Becky said...

Oooooh, a little competition!

SHannon, remind me to tell you about the Italians sitting behind us at the game tonight.

SP said...

I can understand your predicament, Mandy. But I wouldn't blame you for going with Becky. Becky, Oh dear...what did they do?

Becky said...

They didn't do anything...it was some crazy old redneck man who, once he discovered there were FOREIGNERS sitting in his section, went absolutely beserk! He had to be removed from the premesis. He was either drunk of his @$$ or some Italian killed his buddy in WWII!

SP said...

Isn't it sad that some people have to behave that way?

Becky said...

It is sad, but in this case it was a little funny, too, because this guy was a total whack-job. You could tell something was wrong with him just by looking at him.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

Haha. I love it. Shannon and Becky are talking about the international incident that happenened in out lovely little town last night, and Katie chimes in with the perfect reply. We love you, Katie! And yes, the guy on the right IS hot!!!

Anonymous said...

um, is there a reason my comment was deleted? i am so sorry if it was offensive..i didn't think it was but um, sorry....

SP said...

hahaha...sorry Katie...email me...do you have my email address? ask becky...i'm not mad...promise!