Glory, glory to old Georgia! OK, I just HAVE to do this. I haven't had much to brag about this year regarding my alma mater's football season. In fact, I've been a little glad that I'm across the ocean so I don't have to hear the smack so much. But last night was sweet. Sweet, sweet victory! Call it luck -- whatever makes you happy. I'm just still reveling a little. I saw a very interrupted live version of the game on Yahoo sports. The fun part? I was in the computer lab at school entering grades. The couple a few computers down from me are from Alabama and huge Auburn fans. Of course, they had their orange on. (By the way, did you know I hate EVERYTHING orange?) I pulled up the game to see how bad the score was. It was a little blurry and looked like UGA 10 and Auburn 15. Rosemary put her hand to her head and said, "Oh dear!" Then the screen cleared some, and I screamed, "NO! UGA 30 and Auburn 15!" at which point I began to dance like an idiot around the computer lab thinking how jealous I was of my Dad who was at the game. Rosemary said, "I think I'm going to be sick!" I almost did a toe-touch, and my roommate (from Colorado) said, "Southern football is crazy!"
And she's right. Southern football is almost a religion. Probably is for some people. We Southerners take our football seriously. That's what makes it the best! I may not particularly care for all things orange, but they DO help to make Southern football so good! You gotta love good rivalries.
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Gooooooo Dawgs!
Posted by SP at 3:41 PM


14 worthy responses:
I wish I could post a comment in orange...not because of football, but just to see how you'd respond.
It was a very exciting game to be sure! People have been far to hard on the Dawgs this season...every team needs it's learning curve when you get a new QB. I was elated yesterday! :) It was beautiful!
By the way, I miss you! :)
auburn has lost two games. um, i lost count of how many georgia has lost. how many again?
sorry, sorry. i'm a sore loser. very sore. i didn't make human conversation or contact for quite some time after the game. i have to go through a period of mourning.
How can you say you hate all things orange? Orange tic-tacs? Orange tootsie pops? Orange Fanta? Really, Shannon????
So, I know my Vols lost last night, but I still love the orange. NOT Auburn orange. NOT Florida orange. Tennessee Orange. It is beautiful.
What about Holland? They're orange...
Shan, I'm with you, out of loyalty to my bro, but I do have to say, I love the COLOR orange...not so much anything it's associated with...
Yeah, football is crazy in the South, but who really cares about snowboarding?
Shan, you will be getting the FULL game on DVD soon! For some reason I stuck a DVD in the DVD-R just before the game started! Wahoooooooooooooooo !!! GO DAWGS!!! Your dad had to be REAL careful as he sat in the Lettermen's Club @ Auburn with Bo. He was surrounded by former Auburn football players and could not enjoy his jubilation to its fullist degree.
So, after watching the game, Gabriel says, "Daddy, what got into Georgia?"
Tee hee.
I love that Georgia won, because it was a "happy day" around the house here. When they lose, it is not so "happy."
By the way, I had a friend go through a stage when she was little that she would eat food that was ONLY ORANGE. Think about how (not so) many foods are orange. Her poor mother. . .
What a great game and I wish you could have been there with me. They introduced Bo Jackson on the field (one of the greatest to come out of Auburn) and he walked around the perimeter and all of the Auburn fans were screaming. When he got to the UGA band section and the fans from UGA sitting next to the band they all stood up and started chanting "Herschel...Herschel...Herschel!" It was pretty funny! Next year we will really have a quarterback in Stafford. Man he can lay that ball right in those recievers hands! Bo and I had a great time and the food in the letterman's club was great!- Love, Dad
You don't understand how bright orange can be until you are IMMERSED in it here in Knoxville. Let's just say I was pretty excited about our victory, and also pretty excited about UT's loss :) Steph
Yes, from the one that was hanging on the goal post after the National Championship and featured on the front page of the AJC, it was a sweet win. Maybe not quite as sweet as SUGAR this year, but look out. I've kept the faith this fall wear the faithful Red and Black each Saturday. The DAWG NATION continues to spred around the globe, even to Africa. GO DAWGS!
I'm laughing about the toe touch comment and the picture in my mind....you did it!
Post a Comment