Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Spain Day 2

So...the Spain journey continues. On the second day we did some shopping and found, most importantly, yogurt. See, I had this nice little infection, and I was taking a wonderfully strong antibiotic. In order to keep my stomach calm, I needed yogurt. The clouds started to roll in and the drizzle began. We boarded a bus and headed for the city we would be staying in for the next four nights. On the way there we noticed a LOT of windmills. They were all over the mountains to be used for wind power. I never realized how HUGE they were until I had to zoom in from the bus to get the picture below. Unfortunately, it doesn't do it justice. (To put it in perspective, you can barely make out the power lines in the bottom left of the picture.)

We arrived at our hotel several hours later. The storm was almost over. I caught a few cool pictures of the clouds to share with my weather and science class when I returned. This is looking out from our balcony toward the mountain. To the left is the Mediterranean. But that's for you to see tomorrow. ;)

8 worthy responses:

Allie Marie Photography said...

Wow, that first picture of the storm is amazing!

Anonymous said...

It seems "Spain Day 2" was darker than "Spain Day 1".

Anonymous said...

good shots, girl! hope your infection is getting better!

Bella Sera said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Shannon, I just read your day 1 and 2 of the Spain trip. Wonderfu! The flowers are trumpet flowers. They grow right here in Georgia. I am amazed that they are also in Spain. I'm enjoying reading about your wonderful trip. Love you, TQM

SP said...

Pamela...we gotta work on your commenting skills. Hehehe. I'll call you tonight!

Bella Sera said...

I thought I did a good job.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Loving the pics. Hey, do the tons of windmills explain Don Quiote?
I don't think I spelled that right.