I teach a Themes in Media class to seventh and eighth grade girls. We have recently watched Anne of Green Gables. Last Wednesday we ended on a part where a major character dies. The bell rang right as it happened. Not one girl left with dry eyes. Watching the movie brought up the idea of kindred spirits.
Meanwhile, I've been talking a lot recently to Joni and Lisa. (Joni, you seriously need to get a blog!) Lisa was my roommate at my training in the summer, and Joni was my suitemate. We are finalizing plans to spend Christmas together with three other teachers from my school. As I've had Anne on my mind lately, I realize that Joni, Lisa and I are kindred spirits. We spent a total of two weeks together in our whole lives, yet I feel like I've known them forever. Girls, can't wait to spend Christmas and New Year's with you!



5 worthy responses:
Since you don't get to spend the holidays with your fam, I'm glad you have your kindred spirits as an adopted family!
Awww! I love you! And I feel totally the same way. He was good to put the three of us together as roommates at PFO!
Speaking of Christmas, I will have to stay one or two days into January, for visa purposes. Just to let you know I may need to arrive on the 26th and then leave the 1st or 2nd. I can make other arrangements for lodging the extra night, though.
You're the best!
Joni may be able to stay with you...we'll find out!
that is awesome that you have such great people around you for the holidays, shan!!girlfriends are the best! hope it's a great one for all of you!
I am so thankful that you have found some kindred spirits over there. Something to be Thankful about . . .
Post a Comment