My mom and I attended the pageant at my former school tonight. I wasn't supposed to be home for this, so it was a huge privilege that I could see all my former students.
Third year: Below is a picture of Shari. Shari's mom, Miriam, is one of my best friends. Actually, Miriam was my ninth grade lit. teacher in high school. At the time, Shari was only three. Little did I know that years later Miriam would end up my mentor and I would be discipling Shari. When I left for North Africa, Shari and I were so sad that we couldn't continue meeting. I'm not exactly sure that I understand all of why God has me here now, but I know that getting to meet with Shari again is a huge blessing for me.
Second year: This is Jamal -- a fantastic athlete and soon-to-be high school graduate. I taught Jamal my second year. Kory is cracking me up as he cheeses for the camera behind Jamal's shoulder.
First year: This is Megan. Megan was one of my "Disney girls." I helped chaperone an eighth grade trip to Disney World my first year teaching. We had a blast! I walked around with the most fun group of seven girls on the trip. They loved that it was all girls so they didn't have to worry about impressing guys. It's a trip I'll never forget. Megan is now in her first year of college and is an art student. She is so talented!

4 worthy responses:
ahhh, girl, i for one never get tired of hearing about your students! i love how involved you are as a teacher. great pictures! okay, shari looks like a super model! all the pictures are adorable. :)
Thanks, Katie! She did great in the pageant!
I cannot believe that Shari is that old!!! Her mom was our dance line instructor my sophomore or junior year in high school. She was just a little girl then : ) I can remember watching her run around while we practiced. How time flies. I love hearing about your students. You are an awesome teacher!
I hope Hudson has a "cool" guy to disciple him and help him through those tough teenage years when he gets older! They are very blessed to have you.
Post a Comment