Tuesday, May 29, 2007

North African feast

It has been too long since I've had cous cous. I invited Erin over for a North African feast since she wasn't present for my last one. We had chicken and apricot tajine and vegetables over cous cous; we also had harrira soup. (Believe it or not, I actually miss the instant version of the harrira. Less to prepare!) Below, Erin jumped right in using the traditional method of scooping without a spoon and using her fingers and bread instead. Notice the Fes hat; she refused to eat without it. She wanted to wear it afterwards when we tried to walk three miles to burn off some of the calories from dinner, but I told her I wouldn't walk with her if she did.

Jay enjoyed his portion of harrira. He became a member of Connie's "Clean Plate Club."

6 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

girl, that's some weird lookin' stuff, but i bet it tastes great. and if jay likes it ya know it's gotta be good. you know how finicky cats can be and all. :)

Bella Sera said...

what no green chicken??? :) c-ya 2morrow woooohoooo

Mandy said...

mmmmmmmmm...yummy!!! katie, i can vouch for it. it looks weird, but is delicious!

Anonymous said...

It looks just like the real thing! Great job! That was my favorite meal while I was visiting! I'm looking forward to getting a taste of yours when I get to Rome in 3 weeks!

Anonymous said...

. . .that reminds me, can I get your recipe for that chickena and directions on how you make that mint tea? I loved it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh and Erin looks great! Please tell her I said hi!