Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Chickens, Shakespeare and Trees


You know you're in a small town when...

1. A typical conversation at the high school you sub at goes something like this:

"Can I go to the Agriculture Building?"

"We're having class."

"But I really, REALLY need to go!"

"Too bad."

"Please! I want to buy a chicken!"

2. A student answer on a quiz looks like this:

Question: What was the name of Shakespeare's son and what happened to him? (Note: His son's name was Hamnet.)

Answer: "Meatnet. He died of an illness."

3. The front page of the local newspaper says this:

"Romans saddened at the loss of old tree..."

5 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

Ha! This made me laugh! I love it!

Allie Marie Photography said...

What old tree?

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I needed a chuckle.

Have you considered enriching students' lives with Shakespearean insults? Could be fun...

Bella Sera said...

Atleast they didn't want to have the chicken for lunch too...that would be a whole other issue....

Anonymous said...

hey now there is nothing with buying chickens.... in fact we raise chickens and we have them as pets. and we do go to the grocery store and buy chicken to cook.. NO WE dont kill and eat our precious chickens... i love my chicks......

love you shan worm

love kelly your bestest cousin