Saturday, May 26, 2007

Italian Style

I know I haven't really blogged in a while, so for the next few days I'll get you caught up on my "exciting" life.


Last weekend I traveled to Atlanta to take the high school English certification test. If I pass this test, my certificate will allow me to teach any English grades 4-12. After the test my family met the Blackburns for dinner at Buca di Beppo. It is such a fun restaurant!

Karen is one of my best friends and my former college roommate. She and I had fun chatting and laughing while our parents reminisced about the old days (they grew up together in Fort Lauderdale). It was a fun night, topped off with that all-too-famous dessert of mine: cannoli!



6 worthy responses:

Bella Sera said...

ummm what's the green stuff in the cannoli? That's different. Hope you did well on your test. A little surprised to see that you're still brown. Don't get me wrong it looks good on you..are you keeping it? :) I'm going to see Lindsey in a few. My students keep commenting on how long my hair is getting...I think I'll let it keep growing.

Anonymous said...

is that pistachio in the cannoli? anyways, paul and i are gonna have to try this restauraunt out. i had never heard of it but it looks great. and ole paulie loves italian food.

Bella Sera said...

Katie we're looking forward to your post about the restauraunt, they're always fabulous when you're a food critique (sp?). :)

Jeanine said...

I LOVE that restaurant! We had one in Seattle, and it was THE BEST place to take a gang of people... giant servings! and delicious food! ...but I don't ever remember ordering a dessert that looks like that... what IS it?

SP said...

Jeanine...It's cannoli...the best dessert in the world! And those ARE pistachios on the ends.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm pretty late commenting on this blog, but I'm trying to catch up now that I am out for the summer. My two cents on the Buca di Beppo experience...it's fabulous. And, my dad talked about Rosa's lasagna for about three days after eating at Buca. I think it really made him think about your grandmother, especially being there with Buster. I had a blast, but I will say that seeing you was the BEST part of the night! I love you!