Monday, May 14, 2007

Students Say the Darndest Things

And the subbing stories continue...

Me: Your chorus teacher is male?

Student #1: Yeah, and he's albino -- but he's nice.

(I'm wondering...did the student think that I thought that because he was an albino he was mean? Or because he was male?)



Me: And this is a picture of a public restroom in Africa.

Student #2: Where's the seat?

Me, laughing: There is no seat. It's called a squatty potty.

Student #2: You must have good aim.



Student #3: You said you were in Africa. Where are all the black people?



Student #4: This review game is no fun. I feel like doodoo. I want to go home.

Me: Doodoo is exactly right. It's what all of you are going to be deep in tomorrow if you don't get serious about this test.



Student #5: Ms. Polyps, I need some help.

5 worthy responses:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

woops.. I made a mistake on the other one.

LOL! Ms. Polyps - perfect name for you..How ironic! That's my new nickname for you - Polypoonie! ;)

Anonymous said...

girl, the hits just keep on comin'! that's some classic shizz right there. hilarious!

Bella Sera said...

Ms. Polyps!!!! HAHAhaha I love it and I think I'm keeping it as a nickname for you.
By the way, I actually had someone ask me why there were not any black people in my Africa pictures...you're not alone.

Mandy said...

I have to agree...Ms. Polyps is pretty classic. That one might stick :)