Sunday, May 06, 2007

Fiesta Time!

Happy Cinco de Mayo. Well, to be more exact, happy Seis de Mayo. But yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, and we had a little cookout. The guys got the grill started and sat down to enjoy the ambiance on the patio. To the left is Emily, my life take-over. Emily was my student teacher last year. Not only did she get a job at my former school, but she also moved into my old bedroom. She even mentioned that I better be glad I didn't have a boyfriend, or she'd take over him, too. How ironic that when I moved in with the new teacher in North Africa, her name was Emily too! (And I miss her!) Below, Mark and Nathan turn the meat for grilling. Don't let their stern and serious faces fool you...

...because before it was all said and done, Amy was the one at the grill. I guess the guys just got too wrapped up in their socializing.
At one point I heard Mandy saying, "Now where is that drink that I had?" Don't worry, ladies and gentlemen...this here's just a harmless Mexican orange soda.
Finally, I'll leave you with Addie's rendition of Little Bunny Fufu -- a song that, in my mind, epitomizes everything Cinco de Mayo stands for.




3 worthy responses:

Mandy said...

Mmmmmm...Barrilitos...I love that stuff.

Anonymous said...

suuuuuuuuuure, mandy's drinking a "mexican orange soda". yeah, and i'm totally normal. hehe :)
looks like a fun time had by one and all! it's nice to see Mandy on the blog. if she's not gonna be on her own than this is good too. ;)
love the video. too cute!

Anonymous said...

I hate, hate, hate that the Jollys missed all the phone calls and thus all the fun! It kind of feels like when you are away for college/grad school/missionary trips/etc. and all your family is gathered for Christmas and Thanksgiving and you miss it. Sorry chicas, but we are glad we were thought of.