Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!

Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!

To the left is a picture of mom in the hospital about to give birth. She probably doesn't think so, but I think she looks beautiful here. She still has her personality (note the pooched out lip) even when she is in pain! That's my mom: a prairie woman!

My mom has sacrificed so much for me: sleep, money, a decent wardrobe while I was a teen because she felt it was more important that I look "cool" than her, time, and typically whatever she wanted. She sacrificed because she wants more for her daughters than she wants for herself. Maybe that's why I'm nervous about having children one day -- maybe I think there is no way I could be a mom like she is!

There is no way I could ever repay her for how much she's done for me. Especially recently. She never questioned me or discouraged me or made me feel stupid when I needed to come home from Africa and stay here because of health problems. Neither of my parents did. She stayed up with me countless nights, whether on the phone in Africa or on the couch here at their house, to make sure that I would be able to sleep.

I love how our relationship has blossomed as we've both seen the years pass. She is still my mom. But she's also my closest friend. Someone who will be loyal no matter what. Someone who hurts when I hurt and laughs when I laugh.

Mom, there is no way I could show you just how much I love you! But I love you so much!

10 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

I love these 2 posts! You and your mom look so beautiful in this picture. what an awesome family you have, shannon. i'm 30 years old and my parents have been divorced 15 years but you never stop wishing for your family to be whole again. what a blessing to see all the love you guys have for each other! Hope your mom has the best Mother's Day!

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's Day Miss Connie! :) Diddo on the picture - You two look great! Much love!
Steph

Bella Sera said...

I love the pictures!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what can I say... there is no closer relationship that a daughter and her mom! I love you both! - Dad

Lauren said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mom, too!

I miss you!

Becky said...

Happy Mom's day to your mom! That last picture is beautiful!

There are many many MANY reasons to be scared of having kids, but measuring up to mom isn't one of them!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shan for the sweet comments! I love you! My job was much easier because your dad pitched in for team work, also!

Mom

PS...augh.....you made me "ink"

Allie Marie Photography said...

We're so lucky...We DO have the best mom in the whole world! :)

Anonymous said...

How glamourous Miss Connie looked; even in childbirth!
She is a great mom. You have a great family.
I have always looked "up" to the Pollitz fam.
Love you both.

Mandy said...

These are great pics!!!

Please thank your mom for me for the wonderful Mother's Day lunch! I'm glad I could spend the afternoon with your family!