My Dad helps out with his school's kindergarten circus by dressing up as a clown every year. This year, on the night of the circus, we had plans to eat with Stephen who had flown in from CA for a couple of days. My Dad couldn't stand the thought of not getting to see Stephen while he was here, so he promised to show up after his act. Well, show up he did...clown outfit and all. Stephen thought it was great, and so did the Mexican restaurant workers. However, I think he disappointed a little girl who thought he was the clown that usually works there on Tuesday nights making animal balloons for patrons. She came and stood in front of him with big eyes, waiting for a balloon. He didn't know what to do, so he said, "Hey, do you want to try on my nose?" Poor girl. She wanted a little weenie dog balloon, and all she got was some sweaty man's red foam nose to try on. Despite that, we had a good time.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
The Clown
Posted by SP at 12:31 AM


6 worthy responses:
Ha! I love it! How funny is your dad? That's awesome. Great picture!
Henry, Henry, Henry! Your Dad has been such a joy to everyone. I was just thinking the other day of the Juicebox game where he introduced the players before the game and had a great nickname for everyone.Our Juicebox season opens on Memorial Day--wish you could all come.
I'm glad you are subbing for someone. I know you are glad to feel wel enough to be out and about. Love you, BETTER BETTER BETTER TQM (Did you know I was at the Kentucky Derby yesterday ???
Ha! Thanks for that!
I was not sweating and she didn't want a weenie dog ballon. She just wanted to stare! (I think she had eaten too much salsa!) Hey, I've given you three chances to be good - Look out! - Love, Dad
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! That's hilarious!!!!!
I'm reading your blog from now on.
Bethany
Post a Comment