Sunday, August 27, 2006

Campfire Fellowship

Tonight we had campfire fellowship. It was great to get together with other "family members" and sing songs and tell what we are thankful for. There were probably twenty-five of us around the fire.

I know that He is going to teach me so much this year. I want to be open to all that He has for me. One lesson He is in the process of teaching me is that I am not all that. Before I arrived here, my confidence was in my teaching. He is stripping that away from me here; I am teaching subjects and levels that I am not confident teaching. He is showing me that my confidence should not lie in my own abilities, but in His power. Please think about me this week. Students come on Friday. I want to be the best teacher I can be. Not for myself anymore, but for His glory.

4 worthy responses:

Allie Marie Photography said...

I love you and will be *thinking* about you! :)

Anonymous said...

Its neat to hear what you're learning! Yes, I'm keeping up wit'cha and lovin' it. Thank you for being a light.

Bella Sera said...

Wow, tough lesson to learn when He takes away what He does not want in you, so that He can be seen. Ouch, but sooo good in the long run. You're going to be great this year. Just wondering if your dad is still going to send you flowers on your first day? I'm sure there is an International Florist somewhere...or maybe flowers via e-mail :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I took a similar picture and thought about blogging it...haven't yet, but maybe in the future.