Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cultural Quiz

Get out your scratch pads ladies and gents. If you answer RECENTLY to any ONE of these questions, you win. If there is a tie, then we'll see who has the most.

When is the last time you...

1. ...went to the store to buy eggs and NONE of the eggs were refrigerated?
2. ...went to the store to buy eggs and picked up a carton only to see the carton underneath had hundreds of little "magnets" crawling around?
3. ...finally bought eggs and brought them home, opened them up, and found chicken feathers on them?
4. ...finally bought eggs and brought them home, opened them up, found chicken feathers on them, turned them over, and found chicken poop all over them?

Can you tell I bought eggs today?


Feather on the left, poop on the right. Wait, you don't think it's that bad? This is AFTER I let it boil for twenty minutes! Imagine what it looked like before. The feathers were a'flappin' in the breeze!

19 worthy responses:

Bella Sera said...

....but did you eat them? I think that's the question everyone would like answered.

Allie Marie Photography said...

One time in college me and Katie cracked an egg and it was all bloody. Like, really bloody. I guess that happens sometimes though.

Anonymous said...

oh, man!! love this post! girl, that is some wicked stuff you got goin' on over there!! girl- i am all freaked out about bird flu so just the sight of the egg had me freaking my freak!!

Anonymous said...

I answered YES to three. What do I win? An omelette?

Anonymous said...

...and to think your dad and I had PLAIN OLD egg olive sandwiches tonight...MINUS the poop and feathers!!! I knew that "Praire-Women" was in there somewhere!! Both of my girls have that "gutzy" roll up your sleeves and dig in attitude.....I was have always wondered if you would ever use it...well I don't have to wonder anymore, do I? You are blazing new trails every day.

Anonymous said...

Well, I knew there must be a reason that I do not really like eggs. I am loving the blog, reading it daily can really become an obsession - my only problem, I am afraid to respond because I know you will find a misspelled word somewhere! HAHA - just had to throw that in - since someone asked to see my album from my honeymoon today and I was afraid to show them since you and Allie found all of the mistakes. I guess that is why I have been demoted to Pre-K teacher!

Mandy said...

Oh, Shan...you know I have a easily-grossed-out personality anyway, but this would have turned me off eggs for...well, ever.

Hey, do you remember what you were doing exactly one year ago?

Hint...Floyd ER...

lucinda said...

EWWW,but wait, I'm from Alabama. I think that is pretty common there!! Not in stores, but I know plenty of people who went outside, got an egg, and came back in to cook it up. I'm personally more grossed out by the magots and not being refrigerated part than by the feathers and poop. After all, it's what's on the inside that counts:)

SP said...

Well, darn drh! I forgot people from here read this! Ha!

SP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SP said...

Lucinda...well said!

SP said...

Jenn, no worries. Misspelling happens to all of us! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh bless your heart!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am loving reading your blog and all the comments. I think an apt description of your egg story would be, "Gag a maggot!" I agree with Mama Mia--you are a pioneer woman. TQM

Anonymous said...

Is the egg ROUND instead of oblong?? Just read my comments and NO ONE will have to worry about spelling or grammar. (did I spell that right?)

Lisa Blomquist said...

Sweet fancy Mo_es! It would make my stomach churn like 10 milkmaids on Red Bull to see magots crawling on my eggs!

;) I love reading your blog. You have such entertaining ideas. It's great to see you taking on life there.

Anonymous said...

So...the omelette?

SP said...

Oh, drh, you didn't get the memo? We ate them tonight!

Jed Carosaari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.