Thursday, August 17, 2006

L-O-V-E

Wow…let’s see…I wanted to be able to update this thing frequently, but I find that I don’t have anything profound to say. So, I guess I could tell you some of the things I love…

1. First, I LOVE the weather. You know that fall football weather in Athens (the BEST place to watch a game)? Or the opening of the county fair? The breezy weather where you need a light jacket? Yep. That’s what it’s like here, folks!
2. I love sleeping with the sliding glass doors open and the screens closed.
3. I love my new lamp (see below).
4. I love the local language and have already had two lessons.
5. I love the soup that I made for others at my cultural dinner back in March.
6. I love that the soup I slaved over for hours for the cultural dinner can be bought here in the INSTANT version!

Yesterday on the way to the supermarket, I realized that I’m not in Kansas anymore. I am, for the first time in my life, in the minority. I don’t feel threatened at all, but it is a different feeling.

One of my roommates arrived today. I had met her at our training, so it was good to see her again. I have the afternoon off. Tomorrow we are doing a scavenger hunt around the city by way of taxis. I’m excited!

9 worthy responses:

Allie Marie Photography said...

I love you! I love your lamp too.

Funny thing, I feel like I'm in the minority here as well...wonder why?

:)

Sounds like you're having fun! Miss you!

Becky said...

Sounds like you're having so much fun--do update frequently, even if you have nothing to say. I love that weather too!

Take lots of pictures of the city!

Anonymous said...

I love your new lamp too!
and . . . I loved that soup, and the tea, and the chicken, etc.

Dawn said...

Thats really a lamp? Very cool!

Mandy said...

That lamp rocks!!!

Love your updates. Keep 'em comin'!

Anonymous said...

I love:
the Georgia Bulldogs!
the lamp
and Shannon!

Please keep updating...even if it is to write a blog about how much you miss your old roommates...Phoenix to Bluebird...come in Bluebird.

Anonymous said...

cool lamp! i am jealous of the great weather you are having there! what a cool experience you are going to have, girl!

Bella Sera said...

I love that you can buy it in the form of INSTANT. Plus I really liked the tea we had that night. Glad your roommate got there today. It will be nice to share the place with someone. Miss ya...

Anonymous said...

Very cool lamp! Do they have an IKEA there? HA! Hope the scavenger hunt was fun! I miss you and love you - Dad