Friday, August 18, 2006

Observations

Observations of North Africa…

1. Everyone speaks something else other than English.
2. Taxis have no shocks whatsoever.
3. KFC, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, and Domino’s are all the rage.
4. You can get Dolce and Gabana for cheap.
5. They love stamping here. Everything needs at least two stamps, and ANY stamp mark makes something official.
6. Grapes have seeds. OK, well that isn’t only here, but you know what I mean. Maybe I should have said grapes don’t NOT have seeds.
7. Where I live it is a conglomeration: there are no set rules as I had thought there would be. Some women are conservative. Some women are racy.
8. There are no driving lanes. There are lines, but they don’t mean anything. Just squeeze in and make room wherever you can.
9. Nothing really comes in a “pack.” You want one yogurt? Pull off one yogurt.

Does this sound negative? I don’t intend it that way. More than anything, it’s great to see just how big our world is! It’s really not a small world after all. And it’s quite exciting!

9 worthy responses:

Becky said...

I am loving #4 and #9. It is fascinating to go abroad and see how the other cultures live, isn't it?

Allie Marie Photography said...

I am loving #4 as well. How 'bout some D&G for Christmas from my wonderful sister????

Mandy said...

#9 totally cracks me up. What in the world would they do if I went to Walmart tomorrow and shopped like that. I want to try it SO BAD.

lucinda said...

I'm all about #9. I mean, how many times do you just need one of something, but end up with a whole pack that goes to waste? I too want to try it, but then again, I don't think it would go over very well, and they might ban me from the Kroger or Wal-Mart, and let me just say, that would NOT be pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! girl..my money's in da mail! pick me up some cheap Dolce and Gabbana! wohoooooooooo!

Mandy said...

So, today I was at WalMart. I am going to make potato salad later and I need 2 eggs. You know what is going to happen to the rest of those eggs in the fridge. They will sit and rot. I really wanted to just take 2 eggs. But, I couldn't think of a way to get them home without breaking them. So, here I sit with a dozen eggs. Only gonna use 2.

SP said...

Oh, Mandy. I kept laughing about this all day today. I went again to the store and was reminded of it.

Anonymous said...

O.k. what?! Cheap D&G? O.k. seriously...I need one of your blogs to be completely dedicated to pictures of cheap Dolce...then I will place an order.

Jed Carosaari said...

I was so sad to see Dominos closed 4 months before I left. I waited too long, always intending to go there and complete my America Cuisine experience, but didn't try till right before I left. And then the Rieds and I found out that one after another of the Dominos was closed- they'd all pulled out of Morocco :-(